Saturday, March 3, 2012

My legs hate me

Today was the first morning in a long time where I could sleep in if I wanted to. And I fully intended to. However, do you want to know what time I woke up at instead? 6:45am!!! The time I would normally get up at if I were going to work. Figures. I ended up staying in bed for a while cuddling with my doggies and I may have dozed off for a bit, but either way I was still a little annoyed that I couldn't sleep in.
In the afternoon, I dragged myself over the gym for an upper-body workout and a recovery run. I'm very pleased with my progress in the weight room. I easily completed 3x12 reps of 15lbs/arm for my biceps curls, which means I can move up to the next weight. I'm a little hesitant though because the next dumbbell up is 20lbs and I'm not sure how many reps I can manage with that. I'm also up to 3x10 reps of 70lbs on the bench press! Wahoo!!! In my entire history of strength-training, this is the most I've been able to do on the bench - 3x10@70. Hopefully, next week I'll be able to break through that and get to 3x12 reps.
After a half hour or so of upper body work, I did 4 miles of recovery on the treadmill. My legs have been sore all day, but as soon as I started running, they were fine. Once I stopped though, they were back to being sore in spite of my aggressive foam-rolling. The rest of the day was spent lazing around the house and playing with the doggies.
Here's a picture of Kona (left) and Mika (right) cuddling together on the dog bed at the top of the stairs:


Side note to all you bloggers out there. Any suggestions on how I can improve the look of my blog?

2 comments:

  1. There are a couple websites that offer free backgrounds and such. I googled "blog backgrounds" and found them. I've been experimenting with how mine looks too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They don't really hate you, they are just grumpy, that's all!! Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete