Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Sunday run in the heat/Yasso 800s

Sunday
This past weekend was definitely the nicest weather we've had all year. The temperature was actually quite warm, so I took the opportunity to do my long run in the heat of the afternoon. I know it's going to be much hotter in Ottawa in a couple weeks for my marathon and I want to be prepared to run in the heat. 
I dropped my husband off in La Baie for his football game, so I did my run there instead on the base. It was a nice change of scenery with quite a few more hills than I'm used to. Despite that and the heat, every single one of my 12 miles came in under 11:00. Here are a couple pictures from my run:

The view of the fjord, with the tide out.

What's this? Yes folks, it's a pyramid made out of yield signs.

And what is this ridiculous structure called??? (No, this is not a joke.)
At the end of my run, I was pretty hot and sweaty, so I decided to stop at the convenience store and get a popsicle. Best. Idea. Ever. (The cashier may have been a little grossed out by my salt-crusted face, but I didn't really care.)

Tuesday
Tonight I did my last speed workout before my race, 8 Yasso 800s with a goal of 4:45 or better. I didn't have the chance to go to the track in Jonquiere, so I improvised a track out of the long, straight road that runs beside the PMQs. I'm pleased to report that every single one came in under time. Here are my splits:
#1 - 4:41
#2 - 4:33
#3 - 4:25
#4 - 4:31
#5 - 4:08
#6 - 4:21
#7 - 4:05
#8 - 3:56

Not bad, eh?

1 comment: